Thursday, July 29, 2010

Missed a couple of days, but the show in Louisville, KY was pretty good. There were some issues at the venue, which was underneath a bowling alley that was closed for the night. But, the sound at the club was really clear. In terms of sound quality, this was the best night for Duane and Brando.

The next show was in Chicago, and was originally going to be my last show. On the way there, I stopped at a gas station and saw an article on the front page of some local periodical that had a tape machine. Being into that stuff, I took a closer look, and although it was really about the Beatles, the pictures they used were actually from the 1979 studio I had just been to the other day!

Chicago was the last night for Duane and Brando and the Super 8-Bit Brothers. The crowd was riotous and by far this was everyone's best performance.

Before the show I rode around Chicago a bit. I was a little disappointed by the city at first, lots of trash everywhere, lots of people asking for money, and tons of construction. It's as if the city decided to do construction on nearly every single street, but then decided not to finish it. But, I got to hang out a bit in the downtown area and it was pretty cool. There's a place called Kuma's Corner that serves heavy metal burgers. I got the Black Sabbath burger, which had blackening spice, chili, pepper jack, and red onion.

My brother met me in Chicago and we went to the show together, staying at his friend's house for the night.


We've decided to see the next two shows in Des Moines, Iowa and Springfield, Missouri before heading home. I also decided to ship back my motorcycle so we can deal with just a single vehicle.

We saw some weird stuff on the way to Des Moines. We stopped at a gas station where the 89 octane fuel was actually cheaper than the 87 octane by about 10 cents. There were also two slot machines in the gas station that you could gamble on in order to try and win store credit. That was $5.00 I'm never getting back...

We also saw two really low-flying aircraft. One was a mid-wing sport plane and the other a biplane. The biplane was flying extremely close to the ground, and although it wasn't doing aerobatics, it was doing some pretty tight maneuvers. We saw it go past a hill, and then we didn't see it again. Later, we saw a huge cloud of smoke that filled the same side of the horizon. I hope it made it.

Des Moines is a pretty empty town. I hope it's a good show tonight.

I'll upload some pics later.

No comments:

Post a Comment